Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese medical practice that is effective against a wide variety of ailments. The treatment developed 4,000 years ago reflects the theory that conditions that cause disease interrupt energy flow in the body and insertion of needles used only once at specific points will reestablish healthy energy flow. With a healthy energy flow reestablished the body can balance itself, regaining health.
During your treatment that usually lasts twenty minutes most people experience a deep sense of relaxation, in part because of the endorphins that are released during acupuncture. Depending on whether your pain is acute or chronic guides the number of treatments and needles you may need. Your pain may be resolved in a few treatments or it may take several courses, in some cases acupuncture serves primarily as pain management. In any case, your whole body benefits from its affects.
The World Health Organization’s official report, Acupuncture: Review and Analysis of Reports on Controlled Clinical Trials,ISBN-13 9789241545433, has listed the following symptoms, diseases and conditions that have been shown through controlled trials to be treated effectively by acupuncture:
- low back pain
- neck pain
- tennis elbow
- knee pain
- periarthritis (Inflammation of the tissues surrounding a joint) of the shoulder
- facial pain (including craniomandibular disorders)
- dental pain
- tempromandibular (TMJ) dysfunction
- rheumatoid arthritis
- induction of labor
- correction of malposition of fetus (breech presentation)
- morning sickness
- nausea and vomiting
- postoperative pain
- essential hypertension
- primary hypotension
- renal colic
- adverse reactions to radiation or chemotherapy
- allergic rhinitis, including hay fever
- biliary colic
- depression (including depressive neurosis and depression following stroke)
- acute bacillary dysentery
- primary dysmenorrhea (reckless menstrual flow)
- acute epigastralgia (stomach, heartburn pain)
- peptic ulcer
- acute and chronic gastritis
Additionally, at Viana Healing Center, we have seen good results when using acupuncture as part of a protocol reliving dental surgery pain, skin, stress related issues, and to aid in the spiritual opening of the Chakras.
We use only sterile disposable needles.
Read article Getting the Point with Acupuncture